Choosing the right Calgary siding for your home
When you are considering an exterior home improvement, there are so many options to consider. you have many options to consider. You can choose a simple paint job, which only lasts a year or two, or you can take it to the next level and invest in Calgary vinyl siding for longevity and protection for your home’s structure.
There are several signs that your current siding may need replacing:
- Rotting and Cracking – Moisture creeps into wood, stucco and older siding, causing rot and breakage. That can invite bugs and critters, as well as mold–which can all creep into the structural elements in your home.
- Battle of the bulge – If you see warped or bulging siding, that could mean there is damage behind. Get it checked out and repaired to prevent moisture from getting in between your siding and walls.
- Dents, holes, loose and missing pieces – Most types of siding can take a hit at the best of times, however, with hail, rain, snow and everyday activity, compromised siding can put the integrity of your home in jeopardy.
- Fading – The hot Calgary sun in summer can do a great job taking down the colours of your siding down several notches. That can show inconsistency in the exterior look of your homes
- Lack to time for maintenance – Wood siding can take a lot of time–patching, fixing, sanding, priming, painting/staining, touching up and adding little details. That may take more time and money for hired experts than you bargained for. It can lead to reduced curb appeal and lower the value of your house if you’re thinking about putting it on the market.
- Increased heating and cooling costs – Siding just doesn’t protect your home’s structure, it also boosts energy efficiency. If siding is compromised, heat or cool air will be lost and that could up your monthly bill.
All these aspects can lower the perceived value of your home when it comes time to sell. Fortunately, much like replacing Calgary windows, doors, roofing and fencing, siding can see a significant return especially if it has a great extended warranty.
Vinyl siding is probably the best buy you can consider in the tough Alberta climate. Not only is it durable, it can also be beautiful in an array of colours, textures and designs.With new styles coming in every season, you can set your home’s personality apart from your neighbours. However, keep in mind that the price will also depend on the materials that you are going to choose. Therefore, before you proceed, it’s a good idea to do your research and fix a budget (with an extra 20% for contingency costs) before you start a siding project.
Some of the most trusted products to date to come out of the siding industry include James Hardie Board and CanExelLP. Both companies offer the highest quality, durability and reliability and are most popular for homeowners in Calgary and area. You can check out their warranty information here. Their products also come in a bevy of colours to closely match your current home’s design, or go bold and choose a whole new look. This will finish of your home nicely if you decide as well to install any new windows and doors.
If you are replacing your Calgary siding due to a bad weather incident, you have the freedom to choose any installer you wish. Make A two Z Windows & Doors your first choice for quality and reliability.
James Hardie Canada Line perfect for Alberta
CanExelLP selections that are ideal for tough Alberta weather include:
Consider upgrading to low-maintenance vinyl siding. The benefits are long-lasting since it doesn’t need be refinished every few years and with simple and easy cleaning steps, you can keep it looking new for a long time to come. We’ve got some great advice on cleaning and maintaining your Calgary siding here.
For advice and information on the best vinyl siding solution for your property, call A two Z Windows & Doors at 403-257-DOOR (3667) or email us.