A TWO Z WINDOWS & DOORS CALGARY PRIVACY & LEGAL POLICY
LEGAL POLICY AND USER GUIDELINES
This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use our website.
Intellectual Property Rights – Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and all material on the website. Attribution to contributors will be stated appropriately, and must also not be used, copied or linked without permission by the author(s). Subject to the license below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
License to Use Website – You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
(a) You must not republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system. (Though we encourage fair use for academic / non-commercial purposes). We track our original material to its copying source and will practice copyright infringement litigation to the law if any person or company is found in violation of this.
(b) You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent;
Limitations of Liability – The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
A two Z Windows & Doors Calgary endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is correct, however, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws in the province of Alberta, Canada. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise – including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Forum Posting / Comments
If A two Z Windows & Doors Calgary and its affiliate companies allows the opportunity for forum and comment postings, there are several rules that must be adhered by users to our website:
- You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website.
- You must not use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
- You must not use our website to copy, publish or send mass mailings or spam.
- You must not use our website to copy, publish or send material which is illegal or unlawful, or material which could give rise to legal action under English and other applicable law. All material you copy, publish or send via our website must not be defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; such material must not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or rights of confidence, impinge upon any person’s privacy, or constitute incitement to commit a crime[; further, material must not be misleading, deceptive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, harassing or menacing.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted upon our website.
- We may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the posting of unsuitable material, including suspending or canceling your account, restricting your access to our website, or commencing legal proceedings against you.
- In respect of all material that you post on our website, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material in any media, together with the right to sub-licence such rights.
What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
User-Supplied Information: If you fill out the “contact” form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, contact number, address and your location). Further, if chat is available through this site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Insurance Number; your date of birth; numbers for your drivers’ license, credit or VISA debit card, bank account information, student/employee number, or any other personal or financial information—otherwise known as “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and A two Z Windows & Doors Calgary will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form or an online chat will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
Web Server Logs: When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider (ISP);
- the town/city, county/province/territory/state and country from which you access our website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our affiliate website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
Third-Party Services: We may use services hosted by third parties, including Adobe Site Catalyst, to assist in providing our services and to help us understand the use of our site by our visitors. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including your IP address or cookies. If these third-party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
Our web services do not alter, change, or respond upon receiving Do Not Track (DNT) requests or signals in browsers. As described in more detail above, we track user activity using web server logs, cookies and similar technologies. Information collected in web server logs helps us analyze website usage and improve the user’s experience. Cookies allow us to offer you a customized experience and present relevant advertising to you.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who Has Access to Your Information?
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
Using Your Personal Data
(a) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(b) send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology;
(c) send to you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by contacting us.
(d) provide other companies with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(d) to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
International Data Transfers
Security of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Correct, Amend, Delete Your Personal Information and Opt Out/Into Communications?
You may opt out or in to receive future contact (emails, newsletter, faxes, promotional materials) from A two Z Windows & Doors Calgary and its affiliates at any time. Contact us via the phone number, contact form, email reply, or mailing address on our website at any time to:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you;
- Ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- Opt-out or approve receiving future communications from us in accordance with the Anti-Spam Legislation of July 1, 2014 (Canada). We will provide a choice to unsubscribe at any time at the bottom of our informational emails.
Effective March 2017 – Subject to change anytime without notice.