Taking care of your window investment.
Congratulations on your new A two Z windows installation. Vinyl, wood and metal doors are great insulators from Alberta’s drastic temperatures, wind, storms and dusty conditions. Your replacement looks great, and you can rest assured they will keep a bright impression for years to come.
While at first glance, your Calgary windows may look clean and neat, but dust, mud, etc., can build up layers over time. A closer inspection will reveal subtle elements that can affect the finish and integrity of the window. In order to maintain the quality and integrity of your windows, we’ve provided a few tips on how to keep them cleaned regularly. This helps to ensure their efficiency and keep up with your warranty requirements.
To get started, we’ve got a quick review on how to wash your windows, frames and screens in our informational blog here.
If you have any warranty issues when you are cleaning, you can easily identify your new window by finding a small label on the window’s frame, usually above the top sash.
Patio Door and Window Mechanism Care
- It is recommended to lubricate any sliding window and door tracks and rollers. Do this once a year, preferably before winter.
- Use a vacuum with a narrow hose attachment to clean dirt and debris from the tracks of the sliding patio doors and your windows too.
- Inspect the weatherstripping to make sure there are no cracks or fraying.
- If you need to make adjust the height of the door rollers for clearance height, use a screwdriver to access hole at the bottom of your patio door.
You may see condensation between the inside layers of glass. This can occur if humidity levels inside the house or room are higher than outside. There are some easy steps you can take to eliminate the effect:
- A ceiling fan in the room or area to circulate air and if there is a kitchen, bath or pool room nearby, use an exhaust fan regularly.
- Inspect the seals and the openings of the window.
- Check the humidity level on your furnace. You may need to turn it down depending on the weather.
- Alternatively, you can plug in a portable dehumidifier or open a window to reduce some of the moisture in a select space.
Jeld-Wen Window and Door Care Guides
You’ll find common product fixes and user serviceable procedures such as sash/panel removal and installation, hardware replacement and adjustment, and troubleshooting.
Wood Windows and Patio Doors
Vinyl Windows and Patio Doors